Bruce C. Recher
Bruce C. Recher has 30 years of experience in a broad range of business litigation, employment law, and product liability issues. During his career, he has represented shareholders, partners and companies in business disputes involving fraud, corporate governance, minority shareholder rights, derivative actions, dissenters’ proceedings and fiduciary duty issues.
Bruce’s experience also includes the successful prosecution and defense of securities fraud claims involving accounting firms, underwriters, issuers, officers, and directors, as well as representation of both brokers and investors in customer disputes. He has been the lead attorney in a public company internal investigation involving accounting and other disclosure issues. He has successfully represented businesses in the defense of mass tort litigation involving medical devices and other toxic tort claims.
Bruce regularly counsels and represents employees and employers in litigation involving termination, discrimination, non-compete, compensation and various other employment disputes. He has served as trial counsel or lead attorney in numerous cases (including class action litigation). In addition, Bruce has represented parties in contract and fraud cases, will contests, litigation involving trust or ERISA fiduciaries, antitrust, malpractice claims (involving doctors, lawyers and accountants) and product liability cases. This broad range of experience enables Bruce to exercise the judgment necessary to help both business and individual clients achieve their objectives in a wide variety of business, employment and other disputes.
Since 2010, Bruce has been a member of Henson Efron’s Executive Management Committee.
Professional /Academic Honors
- Selected for inclusion in Minnesota Super Lawyers® 2006-2017
- Order of the Coif
- Associate Editor, Drake University Law Review
- Co-Presenter, 2003 Henson Efron Seminar Series, co-sponsored by ADP and US Bank, “Accountant Liability Issues”
Other Professional Experience
- Law Clerk, Honorable Harry H. MacLaughlin, United States District Judge, District of Minnesota, 1978-1980
Assistant Contact Info
Jennifer M. Marxen; (612) 252-2873
- Small Business Representation
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- J.D., Drake University School of Law, 1978
- B.A., Drake University, 1973