Mollie R. Anderson
Mollie is a member of the Real Estate and Business Law groups at Henson & Efron. Because she practices across disciplines, Mollie brings a unique breadth of experience to her client engagements. She is committed to understanding and advocating for her clients’ businesses, as if they were her own.
Mollie works with businesses, developers and individuals during all stages of commercial real estate acquisitions, sales and leasing, including drafting and negotiating purchase agreements, loan documents, mortgages and other security documents, drafting and negotiating contracts for deed and leases, due diligence, land use and zoning issues and title review.
Mollie also provides strategic assistance to clients in the area of real estate finance, advising clients on various types of acquisition financing and construction or development financing, and with pre-foreclosure and foreclosure issues, including commercial work-outs, refinancing, deeds in lieu of foreclosure and foreclosures. Mollie also assists both commercial and residential real estate clients with easements, license agreements and use and cohabitation agreements, and notably, has significant experience negotiating and drafting venue rental and license agreements for music and live entertainment venues.
Mollie regularly advises clients on a variety of business formation issues, including choice of entity and forum selection, entity formation, ownership, corporate governance, drafting and negotiation of buy/sell agreements and dissolution. Mollie has commercial transaction experience representing both sellers and buyers, and has drafted and negotiated confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, letters of intent, stock and asset purchase agreements, security and pledge agreements, guaranties and various other commercial transaction documents. She regularly assists clients with negotiation and documentation of a variety of commercial lending arrangements.
She also has experience drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, including supply agreements, distribution agreements, integrator agreements, bailment agreements, inventory and safety stock agreements and consignment agreements. Mollie has experience assisting with basic to complex mergers and acquisitions and corporate reorganizations. Further, she assists clients with U.S. trademark registration, trademark availability searches and opinions, trademark enforcement, and licensing arrangements.
In addition to her practice, Mollie is an active member of Henson & Efron’s marketing committee, and is the lead author of “The Dirt,” a blog featuring commercial real estate news and analysis.
Professional /Academic Honors
- Member and Director of the University of Minnesota Law School National Moot Court 2008-2009 Regional Champion competition team; Best Brief Award recipient
- “Global Warming Litigation—Implications for Insurance Coverage,” New Appleman on Insurance: Current Critical Issues in Insurance Law (January 2008)
- “Talk the Talk: A Guide to Commercial Real Estate Purchases and Leasing” (November 2012) (May 2013)
- University of Minnesota Tax Clinic participant
- University of Minnesota National Moot Court advisor and volunteer
Other Professional Experience
- Anderson Kill & Olick (Illinois), P.C. – Litigation Paralegal and Marketing Coordinator
Assistant Contact Info
Kathy A. Godfrey; (612) 252-2836
- Business Law
- Business Formation, Structuring and Joint Ventures
- Commercial Lending
- Corporate Finance and Capital Raising
- Employment and Executive Compensation
- Entrepreneurs and Emerging Businesses
- Family-Owned Businesses and Succession Planning
- Information Technology, Internet and E-Commerce
- Intellectual Property and Licensing
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Sports & Entertainment
- Real Estate
Areas of Focus
- Entertainment and Venue Representation
- J.D., cum laude, University of Minnesota Law School, 2009
- B.A., cum laude, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2005