Henson & Efron’s litigation group attorneys represent individuals, partnerships, corporations and unincorporated associations in matters that involve challenges to rules, regulations, ordinances, statutes, laws, procedures and conduct that violate fundamental Constitutional rights. We have experience with cases brought in state and federal courts to protect the freedom of speech, press and religion, the right to be free from unreasonable search and seizure, and guarantees of due process and equal protection of the laws.
We also have related experience with cases brought to redress unlawful discrimination or conduct under the Minnesota Human Rights Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act and 42 U.S.C. Section 1983. We have challenged state and federal statutes that, on their face or in practice, infringe rights that are constitutionally guaranteed to individuals and groups, and we represent both employers and employees in cases involving employment discrimination.
Constitutional Law Services
- First Amendment (Freedom of Speech, Press and Religion)
- Fourth Amendment (Freedom from Unreasonable Search and Seizure)
- Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments (Deprivation of Liberty or Property without Due Process of Law)
- Fourteenth Amendment (The Right to Equal Protection of the Laws)
- Minnesota Human Rights Act (Discrimination in Employment on Account of Race, Gender, Age or Disability)
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act (Discrimination in Employment on Account of Race, Color, Religion, Sex, or National origin)
- Voting Rights Act (Discrimination on Account of Race or Color)
- 42 U.S.C. Section 1983 (Deprivation of Rights by Person Acting Under Color of State Law)