Estate, Trust and Probate
Estate and Trust Litigation
Henson Efron’s estate and trust litigation practice combines the firm’s estate and trust group with its litigation group to focus on representing clients in disputes arising in estates, trusts and ancillary proceedings. Our attorneys work with family members, heirs, beneficiaries, creditors and professional fiduciaries to counsel clients on a wide variety of probate disputes, including will and trust contests, guardianship and conservatorship matters, fiduciary appointments, complex accounting disputes, corporate trust/bond proceedings, claims disputes, breach of fiduciary claims, and related matters.
As a result of Henson Efron’s history of successful negotiations and resolutions, our probate and trust litigation attorneys are routinely engaged by other counsel to assist with complex trust and estate litigation matters in trial and appellate courts.
Probate and Trust Litigation Services
- Will and Trust Contests and Proceedings, including Validity Disputes, and Challenges Based on Lack of Capacity, and Claims of Undue Influence
- Will and Trust Construction and Interpretation Proceedings, including Construction of Ambiguous Document Provisions
- Proceedings to Determine Heirs and Beneficiaries
- Guardianships and Conservatorships, including Emergency and Contested Proceedings
- Disputes regarding Trust Administration, including Accounting Issues, Breach of Fiduciary Duty Claims and Compliance Proceedings
- Estate-Related Claims and Disputes, including Resolution of Estate-Related Business Disputes
- Counseling fiduciaries on policies and procedures to avoid litigation