Family-Owned Businesses and Succession Planning
Henson & Efron business law attorneys help family-owned businesses develop strategies not only to grow their businesses, but to protect them and build value through succession planning. We assist our clients with all stages of a family business enterprise, from business formation, to ongoing operations, to sale and dissolution.
Our lawyers understand the unique dynamics that exist for a family-owned business and help put governance and other structures into place that allow family business to operate efficiently and with minimal conflict. We also assist with developing methods for an orderly transition, while minimizing tax consequences.
Family-Owned Businesses and Succession Planning Services
- Business Formation, Structuring and Joint Ventures
- Shareholder and Member Control Agreements
- Equity Holder Buy/Sell, Cross Purchase or Redemption Agreements
- Gifting Techniques through Limited Partnerships, Trusts and other means
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans
- Employment and Deferred Compensation Agreements and Plans
- Compliance with Dissolution and Winding Up Formalities